CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 20, 2008

A Moment in the Life

All I had to do was go potty and no one would come help me. I stood and waited and waited by the front door for what felt like hours. There was no other option but to let out a whine and if that didn't work I would have to move onto the whimper. So I did it, as much as I didn't want to it had to be done. I couldn't hold it any longer. Then there was a head. The head of that lady who always rubs my belly popped up over the edge of that long, soft thing she always sits on while she stares at the box with the sounds and pictures. Her head turned and looked at me and she spoke something to me which I obviously didn't understand. I never understand anything she says to me. But it didn't matter what she said because she came to my rescue and opened the door. At last! Freedom! I ran and ran with the wind blowing in my face and sweeping through my floofy hair. It felt so good and there it was the perfect bush, waiting for me to use it. I did what had to be done and began my favorite ritual, sniffing and marking. I checked out the bush next to me, clean, I could move on. Then the next and the next. Ahah! Here was one. Who was this animal and what was she doing on my property? Well, we'll just fix that right up. There, my property again. Then as I was sniffing the next weed it happened. The door opened and here came bounding down the steps, dragging that poor nice lady behind him, was Ryu. Oh man! What's he doing now? He's always getting into trouble and trying to act tougher than me. He can be so annoying. Granted he's good for a romp now and then but more times than not he just gets on my nerves. Well, this particular day he came bounding down that porch so fast that the thing he drags the lady around with came ripping out of her hand and chased him as he ran. It was so crazy and funny at the same time. Ryu went running and this blue hard thing was chasing him. If he turned left, it went left. If he went right, it went right. He couldn't get away from it and the more it ran the harder it chased. Then that crazy dog actually did something smart. He stopped running and so did the thing. It just stopped. Then the nice lady came and picked up the blue thing and calmed it down and used it to pull Ryu back into the house. It was at that moment that I realized I wanted one of those blue things. It would maybe chill out Ryu and he would stop bothering me. I guess he's not that bad all the time. Just when I'm relaxing. But it sure would be boring without him.

2 comments:

Susan said...

I really liked this one! It made me laugh out loud more than once. There would be just a few things you could fix/change to make it even better, but overall I thought it was great. Keep it up!

Elizabeth "Betsy" said...

I've really liked both of your stories so far. I think you do have talent, keep it up. On this one make sure you've got your he's and it's right - I was a little confused as to who you were talking about sometimes with Ryu and the blue thing. Love you!